Monday, March 10, 2008

Life With Double-Standards

What a lousy week this is starting out to be.  In dealing with a major project I was in a discussion with a group of people pertaining to tasks that still needed to be completed.  We had just lost a person (I came to find out they were let go last Friday...but no one is saying why).  Another person stated that they were not going to be able to get their task completed in time (it is/was due tomorrow) and they were told that it was OK and no problem if they missed their due date.  Hmmm.  I was in the same position last week when I stated that I was possibly going to miss my due date of NEXT WEEK because of the delays from other areas and my current workload.  What was I told?  "WORK HARDER".  Maybe I should have waited until the day before it was due and said that I was going to miss my due date.  Or maybe it's because I don't spend vast amounts of my work-time BSing with the executives.  I know I'd love to take more time out of my schedule and spend it kibitzing with the corporate executives...BUT I CAN NEVER GET IN WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS HAVE ONE OF THEIR KISS-ASS "PETS" IN THERE WITH THEM.  And, yes, that includes the one announcing today that they are going to miss their due date.

Talk about stress.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  I know I won't be able to push the issues too much...because I don't have another job set up for myself.  And I really don't want another one because things will NOT be any different.  I'm never going to be able to be the one that just sits back, barks orders, lets everyone else do the work, blame others when things are not done or done incorrectly, and be a member of the BS Club.

Boy, what I'd give for my own business.

No comments: