Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tired of Other People's Agendas

Another miserable day...another miserable dollar.  I am just soooo tired of having to deal with everyone else's agenda in the workplace.  I know that when I started working my current job that I didn't sign up to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so that someone else didn't have to do anything except tell anyone who'd listen about great they are.  It is just so frustrating that I'm stuck here.  I'm stuck becuase no matter where I go, I'm going to run into tyhese same type of people.

All I want is a job that I get to do wiithout having to deal with anyone else or their agenda, hidden or otherwise.  I don't want a job where I have to pick up the slack for anyone else.  I want to know what I have to do and just be allowed to do it.  Without having to listen to anyone else on how they would do the job...because they've never done it.  I want to be able to set my own hours just like the executives do and still get paid the obscene salaries that they get.  No, I don't know the exact amount they get, but if they get more then $1 per hour for what they do, then the salries they get are obscene.

I like to believe that there are few regrets in my life, but there isn't a waking moment that I don't curse the career-path decision that I made years ago.  Now, because of obligations and the people around me, I'm absolutely stuck on the road and I can't change my career without adversely impacting my ability to pay my bills and feed my family.

But I am certain of one thing.  I am sure to go to heaven when I die becuase I am living myn purgatory now on earth.
 

No comments: