Wednesday, March 5, 2008

YES!!!!!

I'm so happy when the right person finally gets to pay the consequences of their action.  No, I'm not referring to the current subprime mess where they're still trying to figure out what happened and why.  That one is a no brainer...just follow the money and you'll find the culprit; which individual(s) made the most money.

What I'm referring to is the recent news story that Conrad Black reported to prison to begin his 6 1/2 year sentence (read details at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23454519/).  I don't know what he bases his believe that his conviction will be overturned.  Maybe he paid off some people at the higher court level.  Maybe he belives that he has been annointed by God and had every right to swindle people out of their money.  After all, he IS Conrad Black and deserves as much money and wealth as he can defraud out of people.  I'm just sorry to read that is it a low-security prison.  I hope that he isn't extended any special priviledges that the other inmates doesn't receive. 

I wonder if anyone will ever see any of the $6.1 million that Black is suppose to pay in restitution.  I doubt it...all he has to do is pay, his lawyers, only a fraction of the amount he is ordered to pay and they'll find some type of loophole or technicality that will  allow Black to keep his money.  But, hey!  Black may be broke and penniless and can't pay back the money.  What can he do?  HE CAN WORK IT OFF!!  Give him a broom and dustbin.

The last question I have regarding this situation is...

Does Conrad Black still retain his membership in the British House of Lords?

 

No comments: